Dental Exams & Cleanings
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic 3D imaging and x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions. We understand the concerns with radiation, hence we utilize the most technologically advanced 3D imaging for diagnoses. This enables us to minimize the amount of radiation utilized.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. In the absence of periodontal (gum) disease, your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
In the presence of gum disease, you will be asked to come back for your deep cleaning (scaling and root planning), which consists of
- Removal of calculus: Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Laser Therapy: dental laser is used to access and remove the inflamed gum tissue from around the root of the tooth to facilitate the healing process so that the area between the gum and the root can regenerate.
We know there is more to a Beautiful Smile than just great teeth. Ask us how Botox and Dermal fillers can be used to address:
- gummy smiles
- frown lines
- clenching/grinding/TMJ disorders
- headaches (including migraine headaches)
- black triangles on gums
- .....and many more
Benefits of choosing your Dental Practitioner for Botox and Dermal Fillers:
- smile makeover expert
- extensive training and knowledge of oral perioral areas
- comprehensive knowledge of facial muscles and expression dynamics
- highly experienced with injections
consideration of facial and dental proportions for optimal results
- trained and accredited to augment with the best techniques
- facial pain and TMJ expert
- best anesthetics options for comfort treatment
- quick and convenient treatments during routine dental visits.